Location: Cresson between Cotton and Rector
Date visited: 5/1/11
Equipment: Several zones and freestanding pieces:
- A small playset with a climbing wall, curved plastic slide, rope climbing net, and space for some missing element
- A ring-shaped merry-go-round (crumbling in spots)
- A pole/platform sit-and-spin
- A wavy "balance beam" that wobbles for a challenge
- A large playset with climbing (ladder, wall, and steps), suspended chair and wobble platforms, several small seats that can be spiraled up and down their poles, and several "rip line" hand-holds for sliding along a sturdy track.
- Two pairs of swings, bucket (battered) and strap.
Surface: rubbery throughout
Other: dog park, grassy areas, pebbly paved path
Access: open (dawn to dusk?)
Impressions: A neat-looking modern-style adventure playground with offerings to challenge big kids and others well scaled for tots. However, it's taken a real beating since installation and has the cracks and missing elements to prove it (making me wonder whether this style of play equipment has a limited lifespan). Could use some renovation and maybe an old-fashioned tall slide -- nothing here lit up my 3-year-old's face like the simpler fare at Venice Island.
Overall rating: 7