Location: on Ardleigh (btw. E. Haines and E. Washington)
Date visited: 1/1/11
Equipment: One zone with numerous different play structures and smaller pieces:
- A small set with steps and good low climbing options, wide straight and curved plastic slides, drums (!), a novel spinning ball toy embedded in one wall.
- Three climbing poles with disk platforms.
- Three "sit and spin" platforms (can stand or sit)
- A medium set with straight and curved plastic slides and novel types of climbing (including a hard-to-describe section where you could clamber up the inside or outside of a pretzelly lader) -- connected by a ladder bridge to a taller platform with climbing walls.
- Separate swingsets (4 bucket and 4 strap).
Ages: marked 5-12, but probably more like 1-10
Surface: rubbery / cement/ grass?
Water: Y (looks like hydrant style)
Other: Rec. center, parking, bike racks, pool, and more (basketball? etc.) -- all behind fences
Access: open, unmarked
Impressions: Fun and colorful array of equipment in a small playground with a convenient off-road parking lot. No idea how busy it gets in the warm season, given that we tromped in slush during our visit, nor whether it is shared by the nearby school, but it's definitely worth a visit if you're in the area, especially with kids of mixed ages or those who love to climb.
Overall rating: 8