Location: Cumberland between 8th and 9th (both of which go the opposite of their downtown directions!); parking lot on 9th
Date visited: 3/10/12
Equipment: Several pieces scattered around the play area:
- Swings = 4 bucket and 4 strap
- A set of "stepping stone" stools
- A round vertical gong-shaped climber with rubbery ropes
- A lower playset with "milk crate" steps and other climbing (including "barrel stave" style), a solid bridge, 2 straight metal slides (around 3ft high), and one of those pipe "intercoms" that actually works!
- Higher playset has a neat "submarine lookout" rubbery net ladder, one solid and one jointed bridge, 2 straight metal slides (around 4 and 4 ft high), a fireman's pole, and a curved stretch of monkey bars
Surface: rubbery around equipment; blacktop elsewhere
Other: basketball, indoor swimming pool, picnic tables (each broken to some degree), painted blacktop games, big rec. center (including a preschool on the far side)
Access: not posted (dawn to dusk? 6am - 10pm?)
Impressions: Cute and creative playground in the midst of a larger sprawling rec. center complex (and across from a school). A couple of things we haven't seen before, but could use a little upkeep of picnic tables and loose trash.
Overall rating: 8